These are some shots of the basic modeling I have started for the Sheriff character. I have used polys for the model just because I am most familiar with these. I will start developing the hat and belt etc next time as well as sorting out his waistcoat and holsters. I may give this model to Sam later on to add finer details in ZBrush or Mudbox as I think things like stitching and creases may really benefit the character model. I may also keep a non-smoothed version of this model to use as a proxy while animating.
This video is a reel I have submitted showing all the elements I have blocked out. Most of this has been used although some of it hasn't but I think it is important to document all areas I have worked on for the submission.
In order to look professional we have created our boards to be branded with the El Bandito Logo and Text. I think this is the best way to establish our film as more of a brand. Also we have more of a team feel about our group. I have worked on everyone's boards to get a similar look and overall I am pleased with how everything should flow together in our group pitch. The boards shown here are of my own work and show everything I have worked on this term from environment and prop design to blockout and production elements such as contracts, budgeting, scheduling and branding.
Again some more stills from blockout shots. Some of these aren't the most visually appealing but we are definitely getting to grips with make the camera angles more dynamic and filmically everything seems to be functioning well in the blockout as a whole.
In order to get things moving along with the blockout I really crudely modeled the Sheriff and the Marshal in about 15 minutes. Nothing fancy and no thrills with rigging. Just a simple poly mesh that we can throw around some of the scenes to get timings and positioning accurate.
These are some screenshots showing the environment I created for the mine entrance. These are really basic poly models with a default shader in to get a nice mental ray render. I have used this for alot of the shots in the blockout to show both the entrance and exit to the mines. It seems to give a really good sense of space and the camera has plenty of room to exploit angles etc.
These are the final images of my maquette with a greay matte finish. It was sprayed with a primer after going in the oven and being sanded down. I also added some white milliput to areas to smooth out dents and make finer details. The model was then sprayed with grey primer.